Monday, August 10, 2009

Evolution of a Beard, Part 2: Like Father, Like Son

Awhile ago, I posted pictures of Jeremiah shaving his beard in stages. Peter loves to watch daddy shave.

Peter is usually clean shaven himself. But every now and then...the beard comes out. Peter's beard is of the baby food variety. I find that the darker the baby food, the more Peter likes to play with it and the more it gets all over the place. He really has very little desire to play with his apple baby food. But break out the prunes and play time begins! His baby food tray gets covered in artistic baby food creations only when he gets dark baby food. These pictures are of Peter's prune beards. I don't think we'll be serving prunes again for quite awhile (because of the playing in the dark food factor and the fact that it makes his diapers a whole lot less fun to change too).

But no matter the color of the baby food, Peter loves to get a spoonful of food in his mouth and then he will instantly put one of his hands in his mouth to swish around the food and suck on his fingers while he eats at the same time.



Here are the early stages of the beard.



As you can see, that sweet little hand goes right into his mouth as soon as the food is in there (sometimes, his hand makes it to his mouth before the baby food does! Then, he'll look very surprised that there isn't any yummy food to swish around in his mouth with his fingers).



I think this expression is because I told a semi-funny joke and Peter was giving me a courtesy laugh.



This is Peter's "dictator pose." He's not really a dictator, but he always looks like he's addressing a large crowd of people from a balcony somewhere when he does this.



What a cute prune whiskered boy!

2 comments:

  1. Silly Peter! Why would you think of buying prune baby food with all the other delicious varieties available? yucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's a dictator...even though he's a sweet little dictator. I know I do whatever he wants me to do! :)

    ReplyDelete