Above: Splashing in the tub...
Above: Splashing is pretty fun!
Above: This guy loves to point.
Above: Jonathan's first trip to the Thanksgiving Point dinosaur museum where he was old enough to appreciate it.
Above: Jonathan was pointing up a storm at the museum. "Follow me! I know the way!"
Above: This is so much fun!
Above: We visited the dinosaur museum this time around with our good friends, the Farmers.
Above: The kids definitely enjoyed the adventure.
Above: On a whim, we decided one Saturday to visit the new U of U Museum of Natural History. The boys loved it! Lots of cool dinosaur bones!
Above: Just posin' on the roof of the Natural History Museum.
Above: Only a few days later, we were visiting the Thanksgiving Point dinosaur museum again, this time with the Washburn cousins.
Above: Diggin' and buildin' with the Washburn clan.
Above: Peter could seriously do this all day. He LOVES it. It puts him in a little focused trance. I need one of these erosion tables at home so Peter can dig for dinosaurs in the sand and river all day long! It might keep him out of other mischief (say vaseline containers, for instance...).
Above: What a handsome guy!
Above: Jonathan's hair is all slicked back and he's ready to visit Nammy's house!
Above: But lately, Jonathan's hair has looked like this. He now LOVES to run his fingers through his hair while he's eating. Especially if he happens to be eating sticky things.
Above: Just enjoying some quality father-son time.
Above: We were blessed to have a visit from Aunt Laurie and baby Thomas during the month of February.
Above: The boys definitely had good times together!
Above: Boo hoo. Thank you, Schmidt's Pastry Cottage for saving Jonathan's birthday cake. I had grand plans to create a beautiful train cake for Jonathan's birthday that literally crumbled before my eyes. Originally, I had planned to make a cake with fondant. I wanted to do green and blue fondant (green grass and blue sky) with a cute little fondant train on top. However, things were so stressful and busy because of packing and moving that I thought I would make it a little more simple and skip the fondant (making fondant from scratch and decorating with it is really time-consuming). So, I decided that I would do something similar to what I had originally planned and just frost the cake green (for grass) and use a toy train and circular train track to decorate it. However, as I was frosting the cake, it developed a crack. I tried to "glue" it together with more frosting...but it was beyond saving. A huge chunk of the cake came off while I was trying to repair the crack. I looked at it in despair for about 5 minutes. I then took the cake downstairs, had a pity piece (or two) and threw the rest in the garbage can. I didn't have time the following day to make another cake, so I had to settle for a store-bought cake. Maybe I need to give it another go and make Jonathan an un-birthday cake. But not while I'm dieting. I need to lose the last of this baby weight, darn it!
Above: My sweet, even-tempered Jonathan was actually quite moody on his first birthday. Maybe he somehow sensed the drama surrounding his birthday cake. :) Mood swings?
Above: Mood swings! Ha ha! :)
Above: Jonathan getting a kick out of the musical instrument toys from Nammy.
Above: That Pete can PLAY! Rock on, xylophone!
Above: Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man, play a little song for me...
Above: Cool stuff!
Above: After opening presents, we went upstairs to have cake with Mimi and Bri (Papa had a late night at work).
Above: Quality time with Mimi!
Above: The mood swings are baaa-aack! Oh, and as a side-note, notice the rash on Jonathan's cheeks. It ebbed and flowed all throughout February and March. It turned out to be a combination of eczema and a mild allergy to eggs. Poor little guy. It was the absolute worst on his birthday. You can't tell how serious it was from these pictures. It was the worst on his left cheek (his left cheek was scabbed over) and most of these pictures have his left cheek turned away from the camera. I got some pictures that showed the full extent of the rash, but I couldn't post them. He has some super sweet smiles in these pictures, but his cheeks just made me sad! It made me hurt for him. Poor Johnny. More on the allergy updates in March...
Above: Group photo!
Above: After cake, Peter and Jonathan enjoyed one of their favorite games...chase and be chased! It's different than tag, trust me. :)
Above: Running around to work off the extra calories from the cake. :)
Above: More good times with cousin Thomas!
Above: Congregating around Nammy's spice cabinet. It's like the office water cooler for these guys!
Above: That Thomas. He's got a leg up in this world.
Above: Ahhh. Nothing like a mini blue ombre birthday cake for each of the little guys!
Above: Peter was just happy about the balloons, noisemakers, and party hats!
Above: What a mess!
Above: Talk about your forced perspective! Thomas looks like a hobbit next to Jonathan! Yes, Jonathan is bigger than Thomas, but he's not THAT big! Cute frosting covered hands and faces though!
Above: Cute guys!
Above: I put a spell on you...and now you're mine!
Well, the remainder of February was packed full with visiting Aunt Laurie and getting our new house unpacked. It was a lot of work! But it took less time than I thought it would! I think I pushed it because I was too overwhelmed by the stacks of boxes! But more on that in March! Coming soon to a blog near you!


Love all the pictures! You. Got a lot of good ones. Pete and Johnny are just so darn cute. I totally hear you on bad timing of moving. Next time I will not sandwich two exhibitions between a move.
ReplyDeleteLoved the picture of Pete on Jeremiah's shoulder. That is so sweet and he doesn't cuddle a lot. Lucky Jeremiah.
ReplyDeleteYeah, these cousins have a good time. It makes me happy.
Isn't it funny how Johnny and Thomas look so different! They are so cute! Poor Johnny's cheeks, it's so sad. Hopefully it's getting better now that they know what is causing it.
ReplyDeleteShandie, yes Jonathan's cheeks are getting better with the medicine. I just have to watch what he eats very carefully. We had his cheeks almost completely cleared up about a week after starting the medicine and then we gave him a few bites of a churro at Costco (that must have had egg in it and since it was fried, it wasn't cooked long enough to kill the allergens) and his cheek flared up again immediately the next day. Then THAT took another week or so to get completely cleared up again. Poor little guy!
ReplyDelete