Just a word on 2009 and 2010.
Without being cliche, the best way to describe 2009 is to quote Dickens: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."
2009 was one of the best years of my life and one of the hardest.
Obviously, the joy that has come into my life because of Peter basically trumps any trial I have ever experienced.
Though, I will say that those first six weeks of being a mom were baby boot camp. Talk about rough! What an adjustment! I only hope that breast feeding works better with baby #2 than with baby #1 (meaning, it didn't work with Peter at all--despite 3 lactation consultants).
2009 was rough (understatement) because Jeremiah got laid off and we had to move into his parent's basement. I won't even go into how difficult that has been for us.
2009 also brought Jeremiah a new job and the opportunity to go back to school for his MBA in business.
2009 was amazingly wonderful because I have seen the Lord's hand in my life and I have seen Him "deliver us by degrees" as was stated in Brother Whitney's conference talk (October 2009).
I won't go into details on the good and bad (there's too much to list--on both sides). But I have learned so much this year. Whoo boy, and I still have a lot more to learn.
I have great hopes for 2010. It can only get better from here on out! Who knows who will be joining us in the years to come?
As for New Year's Eve, it was so much fun. We simply relaxed all day long. Then we went to my Mom's house for dinner (it is a tradition to have Chinese food and play games). We played Beatles Rock Band (soooo much fun). Peter was surprisingly mellow that night. He sat on my lap the entire time we played Beatles Rock Band. He was so sweet. Instead of toasting the New Year's at midnight, as usual, we toasted at 8 p.m. so we could get Peter home and to bed. We got Peter to bed, and relaxed while we watched t.v. Jeremiah fell asleep and I woke him up at midnight for a New Year's kiss.
The perfect New Year's Eve. It must be leading up to the perfect new year!
Peter being uncharacteristically mellow (above)
Peter calmly enjoying the family playing Beatles Rock Band.
I'm glad to hear that you had a great Christmas and New Year. I loved the idea about a new stuffed animal every Christmas eve. What a fun tradition. Hope you have a great 2010!
ReplyDeleteHooray for a happy new year for my lovely sister! I wish I could have been there to party with you, instead I had to play Risk. The worst board game ever. Or should i say bored game.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that Clayton had the BYU side of the blanket out in this picture that is posted for all the world to see.
ReplyDeleteI love Pete when he's energetic, but I love him when he's mellow, too.
The girls and I played Beatles Rock Band at Ben and Jerry's one time. Although, it was only the drums. It was fun! Peter is so dang cute! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that 2009, with all it's struggles, was still a wonderful year! We miss you all, and hope 2010 is wonderful, too.
ReplyDeleteAs for breastfeeding... Megan's been MUCH easier than Taylor was... so, don't worry ;) Baby-bootcamp is a good bit easier, too, with baby #2.