Sunday, March 13, 2016

March, Part 2: House Preparations

Selling a house is super expensive and super stressful. I hope I never have to do it again! Looking back on it (since I am, of course, playing blog catch up), I don't know how I got it all done and accomplished everything that I did...and even more than that, I am just so glad it is over!


Above: We took a TON of stuff and put it into a storage unit to make our closets look less crowded and more spacious. I also did a ton of organizing and cleaning on top of that. Moving is so much work!


Above: This might look bad to you, but trust me, it is the best our laundry room has looked in four years. We had those shelves packed full of papers and totes, etc. It was a wreck. I wish I had gotten this de-cluttered sooner...





Above: My good friend, Nicole, came and staged our house for us and gave us pointers as to what should go where. I took these pictures right after she left so that I could remember where everything should go (we were still in the process of painting, which is why the outlet covers are missing).






Above: Nicole is an inspiration when it comes to the use of space. We had a completely different setup here, but this looked so great. I can't believe we didn't think of it ourselves and do it sooner.


Above: Another instance where Nicole made us smack our foreheads in disbelief that we hadn't thought of this sooner. We had not had this room set up this way and now I can't see it any other way. It looked awesome like this.




Above: This is another example of finally figuring out how to use a space in our house successfully...too little, too late. Our landing was pretty much just a random space. We had a desk up there for awhile, empty space, etc. When my sister-in-law, Angie, gave us her couches, we put those in our family room and brought these couches upstairs. It was soooo wonderful to have those couches up there. We put our Xbox up there and it became such a fun game, movie, and hang out area. Oh, how I wish we had done that sooner!


Above: I also finally put some blinds up. We had meant to put blinds in that window for four years. It cost all of $40 and maybe an hour of my time.


Above: We went shopping at RC Willey to check out couches and office furniture for our new house. The boys thought that was pretty fun. They loved sitting in all of the chairs and they wanted to buy EVERYTHING. :) Ha ha!


So, that's what I did to prep our house to put it up for sale in March. Lots more work still to come though!

1 comment: