Monday, August 22, 2016

August, Part 2: Peter's 1st Day of 2nd Grade

This sweet and sassy boy of mine has been ready to go back to school and make some new friends. He's getting so big. It makes me so proud of him, but it also makes me nervous too. Sometimes he can be too big for his britches. He's 7 going on 17, if you know what I mean.





Above: This guy insisted that he wanted to walk, bike, or scooter to school by himself. I told him that I needed to take him for the first day of school. He put up such a fight about it. I told him, "I want to walk with you at least for the first day so I can time it to see how long it takes you to get to school so we can plan on it each morning." Ha ha. He reluctantly agreed. Once he realized how steep the hill to the school was and that it took longer to walk or ride to school than it did to drive there, he became more and more okay with me being present during his journey to school.




Above: No fear, just excitement. This kid is ready to be back in school and get to know the kids in our new neighborhood.


Above: There's Peter's teacher, Ms. Wilson. They have a superhero theme this year and she is wearing a cape. She's a really sweet gal. I think this is going to be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment