Let's be honest. Life can be frustrating at times. Some days can be downright hard.
Those of you who know me well, know that I am the type of person who needs their space at times. My husband definitely knows this, but he is the complete opposite. I am a very private person and well...he's NOT.
I am very grateful to my in-laws for letting us live with them, but it can be tough for me too some days. Jeremiah and I want a place of our own and it is very frustrating to know that we will still have to wait awhile until we have that.
In my frustrating moments, it's good to remind myself of all the good things around me. These good things are as follows:
My sweet husband knew it was one of those frustrating days and came home with some red roses for me. He knows that I'm a girl who loves flowers. I want a yard full of pickable flowers so that I can pick flowers when the urge moves me.
Then, of course, just take a look at that sweet picture of my baby Peter and tell me if you couldn't be cheered up after seeing such a handsome smile! I sure love him!
It is incredibly generous of my in-laws to let us live with them so that we can have fewer bills and save up more money for a house.
My sweet little sister, Laurie, got married on Tuesday to the sweetest guy. They had a super romantic love story (breaking up, discovering their true love for one another, etc. You know, the works). They had a beautiful wedding day and I was blessed to attend their wedding in the temple and help out with their reception.
I have the sweetest, funniest, most caring and thoughtful brothers and sisters. I love how Clayton uses his witty humor to diffuse a situation. I love how much Emily loves Peter and how cute she is with him. I also love that she's my exercise buddy. I love that Nephi and Shandie are now my buddies in parenting (Nephi, Shandie, Jeremiah and I all had to take turns together taking our little ones out when they got riled up at the rehearsal dinner the day before the wedding). And look at the cute picture that came as a result of them getting riled up!

I love how Sean doesn't just come right out and say how he feels, but how his actions speak louder than words (he'll wait around to give you a goodbye hug, or call you to see if you're coming over before he has to leave because he really wants to see you before he goes).
I have a wonderful mother who is my best friend. She does so much for me. With Jeremiah still looking for work, things have been tight. She never overlooks a chance to do something for me or help out with Peter. I couldn't have given Peter as much as I would have liked to without her help.
I have a great father who is doing his best to provide Jeremiah with some good job opportunities.
So, on those days when you have the blues...or even the mean reds (check out Breakfast at Tiffany's for a definition on that one)...don't forget to remember all the things that make life worth living. It really does chase those blues away. It's a good reminder for me too!
And we are grateful for you! You're the best!
ReplyDelete